Cookie usage policy
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file placed on your device by websites you visit.
Cookies are mostly used to allow websites to function, or to function more efficiently, as well as to provide information to website owners.
Above all, cookies allow identification of your device.
Generally, there are two main categories of cookies:
- Functional cookies
- Performance cookies
Functional cookies respond to technical requirements. They are required for an effective and secure connection to a website.
Performance cookies improve browsing by recording some of your preferences for easier, faster and more user-friendly browsing. These cookies are also used for statistical purposes.
These cookies may have a different source, function and lifespan.
- Direct cookies: refers to cookies placed by Lafarge Jordan when visiting its website which can only be read by the Lafarge Jordan site
- Indirect cookies: refers to cookies placed by third parties when visiting the website, for example cookies placed by social media sites
- Functional cookies: ensure that the website works correctly (e.g. login, registration and language preference cookies) or make it possible to supply services explicitly requested by web-users. Functional cookies are direct cookies.
Performance cookies: are placed on the website for statistical, social and commercial purposes or in order to create a general user profile. Performance cookies can be direct or indirect.
- Cookies placed for statistical purposes provide information about the pages visited on the website and the location of the computer (Google Analytics etc.).
- Cookies placed for social purposes allow web-users to share the content of the website visited on social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Permanent cookies: remain on your hard drive for a pre-determined time or until you delete them.
- Session cookies (or temporary cookies): simplify your actions during a browsing session. All session cookies are deleted once you close your browser. Session cookies are generally functional.
What type of cookies does Lafarge Jordan use?
- Functional cookies
Lafarge Jordan uses functional cookies, required for the proper functioning of its website and which do not identify you personally.
Cookies make the site's functioning more user-friendly and offer you a more personalized online experience.
Below you will find an overview and more information concerning the functional cookies we place.
- Performance cookies
Lafarge Jordan uses performance cookies to collect information about your use of the website in order to improve the content and increase its ease of use.
Cookies from social networks allow you to share our site's content and your opinion on it with others, e.g. "Share" and "Like" application buttons, from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Viadeo, etc. The social network which supplies these application buttons can identify you using this button, even if you have not clicked on it while browsing our site. This is because some cookies allow the social network concerned to track your browsing of our site if the social network is activated on your device while browsing our site.
We have no control over the processes used by social networks to collect information about your browsing of our website. Please check the relevant social networks' personal data protection policies. These give you certain confidentiality options in relation to social networks, particularly by configuring your account settings with each network.
The length of time third-party cookies, such as cookies from social networks, are retained can be amended at any time before Lafarge Jordan receives the information. Once Lafarge Jordan has been informed, changes to duration will be indicated within this policy.
Configuring your browser's parameters
All web browsers allow you to restrict cookies' behavior or deactivate them. The steps to follow are different for each browser.
You can also use your browser to view the cookies present on your computer, and delete them individually or all at once.
Below are instructions on how to block and/or delete cookies for the commonest browsers:
If you have blocked all or some cookies, it is possible that the website will no longer function correctly or that you will not have access to some parts of the site, for which we cannot be held liable.
Updates to the cookies policy
We reserve the right to make any changes to this policy, particularly in response to legislative requirements.
Personal data protection rights
Some of the cookies used by Lafarge Jordan and described above allow the collection of personal data. Lafarge Jordan is responsible for processing this personal data.
This data is vital for each cookie to correctly carry out its function. It is only used by the relevant departments within Lafarge Jordan and its service providers, where applicable.
Lafarge Jordan particularly uses the Google Analytics service from Google Inc ("Google") for statistical purposes.
In the context of this service, the data collected via Google Analytics cookies (connection data and browsing data) is transmitted and stored by Google on servers located in the United States. Google entities are members of Safe Harbor and ensure an adequate level of data protection (Ruling 2000/520/EC dated July 26, 2000).
To exercise your right to query, access and amend your personal data, you can contact us by email on Lafarge Jordan.